Sunday, November 26, 2017

Reality Switchback

I listen for good ideas to decide how to spend my day.

I listen for the ideas which will uplift me and which I can share.

I do my drawing meditation, reflecting on the affirmation as I draw it.

I think about what I will sew, or weave, or knit and which group I am looking forward to being with.

I write my inspirational blog posts.

My day begins in a relaxed and orderly fashion, no rush, no pressure, no tension.

Then, I read the news.

The more I read, the more upset I become, until I catch myself and stop.

I cannot contribute anything toward peace and calm when I am upset.

I have to think in a broader view about how the pieces of politics, economics, education, business are fitting together in a historical context.

I cannot see the finish from where I am now.

But there are many people who are engaged in sorting out the issues in conscious, uplifting ways, so I can join them.

As I switch back and forth between realities, I listen for what joins us all.

We can all go up higher from where we currently find ourselves.

Some take tiny steps, some take big steps.

What is big for me may be tiny for you and vice versa.

We are not standing still, not one of us.

We are being pressed to look at all sorts of things.

More of us are being goaded to work for more good than we have in the past.

The contrast between realities is extreme, which makes it good for deep consideration.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.sharedglobalvision.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment