Saturday, January 7, 2017

Going to the Core

I kept trying to talk myself out of a feeling I had.

I tried to decide that the feeling had no justification.

I tried to override it by telling myself that my feeling didn’t matter.

I tried to redirect myself around the feeling and to tell myself to go ahead and join in anyway.

But, it didn’t work.

Finally, I decided to honor the feeling.

And what a relief it was.

I decided not to participate and join in.

I realized that my feeling did matter.

I realized that there was, indeed, justification for the feeling.

And then, I removed any and all references to the occasion for the feeling.

I have now honored myself and my feelings and, my house is purified.

I am surrounded only by those things which remind me that I am valuable, that I am loved, cherished and adored.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment