Saturday, January 14, 2017

Kindness Among Friends

On the way to my sewing group, I stopped in at the local quilt shop.

I brought some healthy brownies to share.

I had been out of town for a few weeks, and it was so comforting to talk to the folks there.

Apparently, seeing my car parked outside triggered a visit from another quilter/sewer who came in especially to give me a hug.

I was very moved by her warm welcome.

At my sewing group, I helped the woman hosting us with her blog.

We all shared various stories about what was going on locally, at work, and with various life events.

It is these very simple conversations that are so kind and comforting and life-giving.

I am the new person in all my groups.

Everyone else has lived here for a while or all their lives.

Is it the slower pace?

Is is the fact that people know what to expect from one another?

Whatever it is, they all have room to embrace me as part of the community.

I am so glad I moved here.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

www.lovedcherisehdadored.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment