Monday, June 24, 2019

New Skills for Inspiration

I am learming new skills and am incorporating them into my inspiraitonal practice.

I have been making Meditation Drawings for several years, which are available to see at Share Inspiration and Peace, both on FB and at its blogspot address.

Now I am adventuring and experimenting with color.

I am trying out watercolor, colored markers and colored pencils.

They add  new dimensions to my inspiration.

It moves me into risk-taking as I experiment with new ways of expressing my ideas.

Color, all in itself, is startling, after so many years of black and white.

Even the grays I am adding to my Meditation Drawings give the eye more to reflect on.

Combining mediums moves me into other thought dimensions.

I feel so much more opening up for me.

New possibilities present themselves as I expand my expression.

The calming effects of my Meditation Drawing have grounded me for many years.

Now I am safely stepping into new areas of expression.

It is thrilling to be able to take these steps.

I can feel places where I need to create more grounding to prevent panic attacks.

I am so grateful these are becoming more defined.

I am opening up to optimism and joy as I continue to experiment with color and art and inspiration.

The best part is the support through Sketchbook Revival, which has introduced so many artists and techniques and then created the space to practice and share them.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage
Your Diamond Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment