Thursday, December 5, 2019

Comforting Myself

It will be so, it will be so.

As a parent, as a teacher, there is no stepping away, there is no giving up.

If someone does not understand, if they are not able to do the work because of some obstacle, it is up to me to find the solution.

I may have to take a completely different route with the person.

I may have to invent something completely new, but I always find a way.

I have never left someone who was in my care, personally or professionally, where they were when they came to me.

It was with some surprise and not a little pain, that I discovered that in business, if someone is not willing to follow a directed path, because of an insurmountable personal obstacle, it is simply not the business person’s fault, and they can walk away.

They can be sure and certain of their view of the person’s potential, but if the person is not willing to go that route because of some deep cause within, the business view is to absolve themselves of any responsiblity whatsoever.

And so, I learned a new path, something completely new, a completely different route for myself.

I listened within.

I read the next chapter in “Untie the Strong Woman”, by the brilliant and compassionate Clarrisa Pinkola Estes, also author of “Women Who Run with the Wolves”.

On page 327 of “Untie the Strong Woman”, there is a poem which she wrote entitled, “The Highest Prayer”.  In it, she describes her grandmother’s deep, clear view that there is always help through the compassion of the Holy Mother.

My spiritual background is different from this terminology, but the depth of the never-ending, never-deserting compassion is unmistakable.

It reached out to where I was and it held me and it embraced me and it comforted me, this compassion.

It said, “Right where you are, right now, right in front of you is a solution, and you are on holy ground.”

It comforted me and it assured me and reassured me that what I am is enough, that I can carry my purpose forward with compassion, that the compassion which is comforting me is a large reservoir from which I may also draw.

It let me know in unmistakable terms that my life direction and purpose, the form and shape which has been revealing itself to me over many decades, is the correct one for me.

It let me know that I am on the right track.

It told me that I am the source and practitioner of a new way, a completely unique approach which will lift up women right where they are, right at the moment of contact, and that they will never feel abandoned ever again.

It told me that what I have to offer will be so accessible that women who are hurting will be able to find their first of many steps of comfort and freedom.

It told me that right where I am, right now, I am surrounded with the comforting embrace of those who have received help from my release of my completely new, completely different practice.

And it told me to keep going.

I have discovered that tiny steps will build a foundation without gaps, and that even if someone else cannot see it, those who can will be benefitted.

And I was also told, “It will be so, it will be so.”

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment