Saturday, March 4, 2017

Standing Up Straighter

Looking through my new eyeglass prescription, it felt as though the ground was closer, so I found myself standing up straighter in order to create the distance I was used to seeing.

Even though I know my eyes would adjust, I decided to remind myself to walk with better posture.

This contributed to my small, but consistent, exercise routine.

Little habits, practiced over time, have deep and lasting results.

When we consciously cultivate what we want, we begin to displace unwanted unconscious habits.

I have begun to replace reliving old remembered scene with people for the new ones I want to experience with them.

I have the fun feeling sometimes of the last little synapse in the brain’s aero-network getting read to fire, and then realizing with disappointment that I have redirected the sequence to fire differently.

It makes me laugh as I recognize my new habit or new scenario, and I enjoy where it is taking me.

I can take a straighter route to my goals for happiness as well as standing up straighter as part of a practice for good posture.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment