Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Releasing Attachments

As I prepare to follow through on a life-long goal to travel, I am considering many aspects of my current life.

My attachments and possessions have been continually reduced.

It is amazing how the emotional attachments to things works.

In order to move beyond all the things, a more important goal is requisite.

Remaining with the familiar has such a strong pull.

By being willing to sacrifice our attachments we release ourselves.

It becomes possible to move toward a higher, more far-reaching goal.

Things come into our lives for a reason, and then we can let them go for a higher reason.

Sometimes it is our decision and sometimes it is not.

When we release our attachments, it creates a new opportunity.

Because I have made a decision to travel, I have committed myself to releasing my attachment to most of my things.

This is new territory for me.

It is both exciting and scary.

I am glad to have the opportunity to explore it, because it is worth it to me to see the possibilities in a new kind of living.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

www.inspiredpractices.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment