Thursday, February 16, 2017

De-Clutter the News

I noticed a feeling of physical discomfort, a congestion-like headache, towards the end of a long drive to a class.

I thought about it and realized that I had felt perfectly fine all day.

As I checked, I realized the only thing I had been doing was listening to the news on the radio.

I had been eagerly reading the news posts during the day, and wanted to see what the radio news had to report.

I had gotten cluttered up with the news.

I needed to refresh myself with uplifting thoughts instead of immersing myself in the news.

So, I took the time before the class to relax and to clear my thought.

That made room for the information I was to receive in the class.

Throughout the class, I returned to my relaxed state to listen inwardly several times.

I was able to receive the inspirational information and to enjoy my drive back home in a comfortable and refreshed manner.

I will be sure to monitor my emotional intake regarding the news.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment