Friday, February 24, 2017

Inner Sanctuary

As I hold my identity in my mind, I watch the rest of the world around me running in various directions.

Since it does not affect who I am, deep within, it no longer affects how I respond on the outside.

I respond from my deep sense of identity, even when I am dealing with all the mundane daily affairs of my life.

I know that everyone is managing the best they can.

Those who are finding their own deep peace convey a sense of poise no matter what else is happening.

I am glad when I, too, can do that, even though it is not all the time, yet.

But I have found it, and I trust the peace that I find there.

Whenever something does shake me up, it is for less time, as I find my focus within more and more quickly.

I love having this new sense of myself, undisturbed, standing true, faithful to my ideals.

I love that I can share it, so that more people can trust that they, too, have an inner sanctuary.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment