Monday, February 20, 2017

Self-Dependence

I no longer fear abandonment because I know I can depend on myself.

In my early years, my touchstone was emotional abandonment and physical abuse.

While I was fearful of life’s experiences, I felt abandoned.

It was a negative feedback loop.

When I realized that my life had gone wrong, I began to take steps to right it.

I had to turn it upside down.

I found new skills, techniques, and self-respect.

I triumphed over a lot of internal bad habits.

Now, I know that I would never abandon myself.

I know how to recognize myself, who I really am, not the person with the bad training.

I had skills which I was taught very exactly and specifically.

I also had emotional habits which surrounded me.

Now, I was learning on my own.

Out of necessity, I had to develop new abilities myself.

It has used whole aspects of myself which I never knew existed.

They have had to learn how to wire and fire together in new ways.

I am a new person, and I really like being her.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment