Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Finding My Way, Finding My Place

I find I am still finding my way.

I am grateful to have a deep sense of identity while I am alone.

Now, I am having to learn, instead of how I fit in around everyone else, my absolute place whether I am around other people or not.

I still have the same identity.

Even when the places that I have are occupied by other people, I still have my own identity.

I still have rights and I am able to express those rights in assertive and visible ways.

I don’t have to hide in order to get anything done.

I don’t have to recede or become less.

I don’t have to come up creative and convoluted ways to get where I am going.

I still occupy all the space that is mine, even when there are other people and their activities in that space.

Apparently, I express it somewhat differently.

That is what I am having to find out.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment