Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Overcoming the Physiology of Memory

In reading Dr. Joe Dispenza’s books, I find it interesting how he describes habits start from mental direction, but then take over with physical expectations.

Breaking habits and changing direction requires repeated consistent conscious effort.

I am exploring this as I refine the direction I want to go, and have to rewrite the physical expectations I am used to.

What I remember is often no longer useful.

What is useful are my new skills and definitions.

It is good to pause and to allow a few moments to sift through the layers of expected effort, acknowledge them, and then move in a different direction.

Instead of pushing through to the desired result, I am allowing a new rhythm to develop.

I am filling in gaps.

I am letting a directed, defined approach replace hurried tension.

I am acknowledging that it is perfectly reasonable for this to take time, as I move from observing my behavior to defining it differently.

I am finding a new kind of self-respect.

Instead of being really, really good at following directions as quickly as possible, I am letting my deeper self define my life and my outward actions.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment