Monday, February 5, 2018

Instead of Derailing

I have to watch that I do not get derailed by emotional reaction.

I can maintain my purpose and precision and keep following through on it.

Otherwise, I fall into an old habit of self-sabotage by temporarily believing the emotional lies which were so familiar.

My new habits keep me on track by replacing habitual fear and dread with the calm I have practiced so many times.

When I get caught by a trigger, I am quicker to get back on track.

The new data I receive gets stored along with other bad memories, and I know to watch out for that version of distraction.

I can always find a new dimension of calm to replace my old feelings of panic.

It turns out that calm is infinite and goes down for layers and layers and layers.

All I have to do is begin my access and I am taken into a safe place.

My old memories disappear back into their deep vault and will stay there as long as I continue to build my new calm sense of living.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment