Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Keeping My Thought Close

It is easy to jump in on someone else’s emotional track, but it is more important to keep my own thought distinct and close to me.

I have learned how it feels to be calm and to not react, and I have to be sure to practice this as consistently as I am able.

My spiritual study and work with a counselor have taught me the difference between my own thought and the thoughts the are so deeply implanted by parents and by society.

I can choose the thoughts which I prefer.

I prefer the happy ones.

I prefer the ones which allow me to listen deeply for good ideas.

I prefer to be able to act on the good ideas without getting bogged down in negative habits and influences.

That is what I do now.

All day, I do things that I love.  Setting that up was the first step.

Being so very kind to myself was the second, in recognition that this was something I needed very much.

Acting on all the many projects which I love, in various sequences and combinations is the third step.

I am looking forward to sharing them as they get completed.

They are happy expressions of my life and I want other people to enjoy them.

I love that I can keep my thoughts close and still enjoy sharing my rich expression of doing the things I love.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment