Friday, May 10, 2019

A New Day, A New Place

On this new day, I find myself in a very different place.

There are times when a lot of new experiences come together and you can see the effect they have had on you.

I am finding a new peace in this place of human scale.

Small neighbourhood businesses know their customers.

People walk everywhere in their neighborhoods.

Even large undertakings, like road repair, occur on a human scale.

Rubble is taken out in trash bags carried by one worker and deposited in a parked van.

Traffic moves gently around it.

There is no pushing, no shoving, no hawking.

People know the shops are there.

Large masses of people move effectively on public transportation.

Whatever you need is available, just in smaller places.

My tour of the city is happening as I search for fabric and yarn shops.

Except for the gigantic street of fabric merchants, it is all, once again, on human scale.

I am grateful for the harmony and peace I am finding here.

It validates what I do and the scale in which I work.

People are living well, but it is through quality, not quantity.

There is no feeling of desperation, of pushing, of never being enough.

There is no frustration, no depression.

People genuinely want to serve your needs, and are complete in making sure you are taken care of in their shop.

It is this way in each business.

It is comforting to find a scale which matches what I can do.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment