Friday, May 3, 2019

New Relationships

I am discovering many kinds of new relationships as I travel.

These include relationships to time, to space, to people, to food, to living situations.

I am also discovering what is stable in my life.

This includes my attitudes toward everything that is changing.

I always meet interesting people; and so many people are generous and helpful.

I always have a comfortable place to stay with everything that I need.

I am learning how to keep my balance as I discover new things in the time that I have in new places.

Food is always an enjoyable experience, even when I am not sure what I am ordering in a new language.

It is easy to meet people and to exchange stories.

I am discovering a lot of joy in all of us.

I move more slowly in a new place.

I have time to look around me and take in a different feeling.

I love being immersed in the sounds of another language, its rhythm, its sound shapes.

Gradually, I am able to extract words and a few phrases.

My own vocabulary increases word by word.

I see things from an outsider’s perspective and compare it to my own experiences.

It is so enriching as I discover what we all have in common.

I am so privileged to have this opportunity for observation and experience.

© 2019 Kathryn Hardage

Your Diamond Mind 

No comments:

Post a Comment