Monday, June 12, 2017

Challenges of Separation

Making peace with separation requires discovery and invention.

I have had the opportunity to take on several new tasks which I normally do not do while  my husband is in town.

While he is gone for training, I am learning how to do them or to get help.

I am also going even further in performing the many activities which I enjoy, and finding some new opportunities.

As the long-distance training has lasted longer and longer, I have had to find more resources.

I am exploring some new friendships outside my groups.

I am participating in extra activities within the groups.

As an introvert’s introvert, this has been a challenge.

It is worth it, though, to add another layer to friendships.

As I continue to work on my service through writing my blogs, I am also exploring how to expand it.

Very scary and challenging steps for me to confront technology.

But, it looks like it can all happen.

Offering support through one minute telephone calls and emails is a new experience also.

It is also allowing me to confront deeper troubling personal issues and to resolve them.

Stretching and expanding through separation offers greater experiences in more directions.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment