Friday, June 16, 2017

New Ideas of Peace

In reading my way through “Working With the Law”  and making notes, I am struck by the practices Rev. Holliwell describes for forgiveness.

He insists that we cannot demand more for ourselves than we demand for our brothers.

If we want forgiveness, we must forgive.

That is the struggle.

To release ourselves, we must release others.

I am looking at my habitual and long-term judgements and justifications.

No matter how true they are to me, I would much rather be released from them.

So I keep listening for the ideas which will allow me to move beyond my habitual conclusions.

If I can conceive of a Higher Power that directs me, I can conceive of the same thing for others.

If I can move beyond my mistakes, so can they.

If I give them room to become more than they were, I can become more than I was.

I may never see them again, but I can wish them well.

If I do deal with them again, I can be strong and consistent enough to see them as I want to be seen.

I can be a bigger person.

I can release myself from seeing as I have judged in the past.

That is the effect my new idea of peace is having on me.

Release through seeing a different way is forgiveness.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment