Saturday, June 10, 2017

Our Word Bring Peace

As we listen to our thoughts and feelings, we recognize tension or relaxation and happiness in them.

Our words and our reaction to other people’s words create a reaction in our body as well as in our mind.

We can keep ourselves calm and uplifted or we can create tension and despair.

We are becoming aware of what far-reaching actions are created by words spoken in the media.

The way I counteract my response is to cultivate a sense of peace before I read the news.

Then, I put myself back into a peaceful mode when I feel myself reacting.

I do this many times each day.

The words I use for myself are “I love me”.

I remind myself that I am here for an uplifting purpose.

I listen for ideas to teach little children which will help them recognize their power of goodness.

I put these ideas into “Themes” with a chant, a fingerplay and a song.  (www.MusicandBooksforChildren.com and on FB)

I give sincere compliments to people I don’t even know.

I start conversations in public places where it is possible to add a note of comfort or support.

I breathe peace into the places that I go.

I make sure that I am seeing people in a generous and understanding light.

This is a habit I have found worth cultivating.

This is how my words can bring peace to little situations around me.

It is a trickle up and out effect.

When people feel good they share that good feeling.

This is the power of our words to bring peace.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment