Sunday, June 25, 2017

Peace in Gardening

I am so happy to be following one of my longest-held goals, growing a garden.

It is peace-giving to move in the direction of your heart.

I am trying out ideas I have read about and finding out what works.

I am going about it in ways which make sense to me, one-step-at-a-time.

I am connecting threads which have been broken for most of my life.

Even though it is what I have dreamed of doing, it is terrifying to be making decisions toward what I choose.

Following the dictates of others  was a required path.

Now it is no more.

So I am building up the practice to move in my new direction.

As I begin soil improvements and start growing a few plants, I feel the peace that I have always desired.

I am so glad to see new flowers blooming and tomatoes and squash beginning to produce.

It is the beginning of something I have always wanted and it is happening.

© 2017 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment