Thursday, October 25, 2018

Stepping Stones

When starting on a new adventure, it is good to have your foot on one stepping stone as you reach for the next step.

That way, it doesn’t feel like you are stepping into thin air.

As I pack up and donate the contents of my house, I feel as though I am on solid ground while preparing for the next step.

I feel good as I lighten my load of possessions.

I feel the promise of newness and fresh views.

The temptation to feel insecure is met by remembering why I am making the change.

It is wonderful to be in the process of following through on a dream.

In my past travels, there were always solutions to whatever was required.

There were wonderful new experiences just in dealing with everyday life.

I always love opportunities to meet new people.

Each location has its own rhythm.

Landscapes, food, transportation, cityscapes, new language sounds, learning to integrate into a new language.

These are some of the ways new experiences take shape.

Moving into the new rhythms takes some time.

Each little bit of language makes it easier.

Each time a route is walked, the new rhythm is established a little better.

Each one is a stepping stone to the next.

After a while, a new platform is built.

The new platform keeps expanding with every new experience.

More communication and understanding results.

The world grows a little more accessible.

There are new friends everywhere.

This is what I look forward to as I move from one stepping stone to the next.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

www.lovedcherishedadored.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment