Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Take a Walk

Taking steps in patience and freedom is a way of releasing fears about being in public.

Small walks, around the yard, expand into down the block.

Accompanied by a friend, a walk can take you downtown (in a small town).

My husband dropped me off at the top of the two stories of stairs leading down the slope into the park.

I walked to the library from there and he picked me up to bring me home.

I am gradually gaining confidence in being around people.

I am carrying my feeling of safety within me.

I know that my patience and respect for my fears is valuable.

I validate my sincere feelings that way, and I am able to (literally) take the steps to build new experiences for myself.

It is certainly taking much more time than I would have expected, but then I have discovered and uncovered a lifetime of reaction to severe abuse.

I am grateful for all the freedoms I do have, intellectual, ability to teach well, skills in many other fields.

Feeling strong enough to take steps without debilitating fear and panic attacks is another new skill I am learning.

Taking a walk has a lot more meaning for me now.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage
www.lovedcherishedadored.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment