Thursday, August 9, 2018

Do You Want Worse for Some People?

I want the best for people.

I see each little child as precious, and want that child to grow into a precious and valued adult.

Instead of seeing limited resources, I see infinite possibilities.

The person who invented microcredit looked for and found a unused resource and founded a bank for the poor.  (“Banker to the Poor” by Dr. Muhammed Yunus)

He recognized entrepreneurship for hundreds of thousands people and enabled them to lift themselves out of poverty.

I love this point of view, because it expands existing resources in a way that counteracts the view that there is not enough for everyone.

This proves that people can create their own opportunities given the most minimum of resources.

I was pleased to discover a way to  provide service by looking at a particular population in a new way.

I advanced my career while providing a living for my large family through my new way of service.

By adjusting our view to see all people as worthy, we can give them the power to take care of themselves.

It is a simple adjustment, although quite radical in terms of our habitual view.

The same way Dr. Yunus empowered hundreds of thousands, I empowered myself.

We are not exceptions.

There is a wonderful rule of expansion operating as we put the right tools in place.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment