Monday, August 27, 2018

Resolving and Fulfilling

When we have experiences which leave us feeling uncompleted, it is necessary to take steps to resolve them.

I desired to learn a particular skill and I took a beginning class on it.

It was really fun, although it took me several steps to catch on, even while others in the class were proceeding.

Later on, I had the opportunity to buy the equipment I needed in order to practice my new skill.

I was not able to do get all the steps to come together even though I remembered most of them.

A group formed for people who were interested in getting together to do the skill.

A couple of people coached me at the monthly get-togethers and I began to catch on once again.

I took a private lesson with another teacher and learned some more.

At one meeting, when I was feeling uncertain and vulnerable, I was unable to get coaching.

My feeling of vulnerability grew and I dropped out of the group.

I still wanted to learn, and about a year later, I found the opportunity.

This was the right time with the right teacher.

I had a couple of hours to practice during the class and my hands caught the rhythm.

I was shown what to do when things broke down.

I was able to have an enjoyable conversation as I continued my practice, and to learn other related skills.

Since the class was given in a public setting, visitors dropped in and out while I practiced and my teacher interacted with the visitors.

I have such a different feeling now that I have achieved success.

I have resolved my frustration and irritation into a confident approach.

I am so grateful to have resolved my uncertainty and to have my desire to learn this skill fulfilled.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment