Monday, August 13, 2018

Your Own Life Rhythms

When I notice the seasonal cycles of various activities - community, holiday, school - I realize that my own life rhythms proceed differently.

I loved being immersed in Nature’s cycles while living off-grid for three years.

I still love them as much, and I participate in them as much as I can.

My own life rhythms are taking shape as I move from project ideas to implementation.

How I move between different projects creates its own flow.

The idea wells up within me.

I nurture it and think about it often.

I begin writing down ways of expressing it.

I start to collect materials.

I create the design.

Then I follow through on the steps to combine all the materials and create the presentation.

I usually have several different projects all at their own particular points in the creative process.

I move to each one to follow through on its particular step.

It creates a rhythm of its own, as I progress through the Studio.

I enjoy seeing each project take shape on its way to completion.

It is a deep and abiding sense of delight, joy and satisfaction as I progress.

It fits in with my priorities and my necessities.

There is a peaceful balance.

© 2018 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment